Creating Your FanDuel Core – Week 10
Get a free NFL subscription for 3 days.
Michael Dubner highlights the players he’s considering for his core FanDuel lineup in Week 10.
WEEK 9 RECAP
- Link to Week 9 FanDuel Core
- Kenny Golladay and Courtland Sutton both disappointed (<1.5x), but allowed you to pay up for stud RBs so it wasn’t a complete whiff.
- While I traditionally like to pay down at TE, it made sense to pay up for Travis Kelce with all of the WR value. It also makes sense to pay up for a player who is the clear class of his position.
- Cam Newton hit 2.5x value but “ran bad” considering the Panthers scored 42 points. It feels like meat was left on the bone.
- Alvin Kamara obviously smashed as my core RB this past week, but the correct answer between the high priced RBs was “all of them.”
- I consistently gravitate towards Jarvis Landry and David Njoku due to cheap volume. While their continued inefficiencies played a part in them performing below expectation, the bigger surprise was Landry seeing his fewest targets of the season (seven) in negative game script.
- Biggest takeaway from this week: On weeks like Week 9 where I loved the WR value but RBs weren’t really popping off the page, it actually made more sense to pay down at the position I liked (WR) to then pay up at the position I didn’t like (RB). That may feel counterintuitive, but ultimately that allows us to lock in points at cheap cost at the position we feel confident in, while locking in the more guaranteed points at the position we’re less confident in.1
CREATING YOUR FANDUEL CORE – WEEK 10I’m primarily a cash game and single-entry tournament player, and have the vast majority of my money (80 percent) on one lineup. Playing one team forces me to make the optimal lineup. Below are the primary players I’m considering for my FanDuel core in Week 10.
- Not to mention, RBs are traditionally more reliable on a given week considering their volume. So when in doubt, just pay up at RB. (back)