DFS Contrarian: Week 1 Low-Owned Plays and Stacks
Get a free NFL subscription for 3 days.
This week I’m combining both my contrarian plays and my stacks article because of time constraints. The two will be back to their separate articles next week. Here are the ground rules for my DFS contrarian picks:
- I will give at least one pick for QB, RB, WR, and TE.
- I can also include a D/ST when I believe they will be a good contrarian play.
- I will use the scoring from our Play of the Week contest that we used 2 years ago. It goes like this: When I take the average score of all DraftKings Millionaire Maker lineups that include my pick, if that pick ends up in the top 25 percent of all players when doing this then my pick counts as a hit. Otherwise it counts as a miss.
- A pick is also scored as a miss if it is above 10 percent owned in the Millionaire Maker. It’s not called DFS Contrarian for nothing.
- The goal is to have above a 20 percent hit ratio at the end of the year, which is roughly the percentage of lineups that cash in large-field, top-heavy GPPs like the Millionaire Maker.