PGA DFS Picks and Projections: Dell Technologies Championship 2017
Get a free NFL subscription for 3 days.
The FedEx Cup playoffs continue this week at the Dell Technologies Championship (formerly the Deutsche Bank Championship). TPC Boston, a 7,300 yard, par 71 layout, will once again host the event. Welcome to another edition of my PGA DFS machine learning model. Also, check out this week’s PGA podcast with Matt Dulcan. We talk strategy and highlight our favorite players on the DraftKings slate. On to the model.
Dell Technologies Championship ProjectionsThese projections are generated using a combination of statistical simulation and machine learning algorithms. More than 40 factors go into the model, including long-term normalized round score, driving accuracy, driving distance, the proximity of approach shots, temperature and wind velocity, to name a few. Three columns: DK.Pts, MadeCut% and Top10%, are generated using three separate algorithms which all draw from the same underlying data. MadeCut% tends to be the most reliable. Explanation of each column:
- DK.Pts is the average number of DraftKings points that the player will score. [Editor’s note: please note these are DraftKings projected points. We hope to add FanDuel projected points in the near future.]
- MadeCut% is the percentage/probability of the golfer making the cut.
- Top10% is the percentage/probability of the golfer finishing in the top 10.
- DK.Sal is the golfer’s DraftKings salary.
- DK.Value is the number of fantasy points per dollar of salary.