Top 15 Zero RB Candidates for 2017: The Update
Get a free NFL subscription for 3 days.
In 2015, the Zero RB target list included Devonta Freeman and Doug Martin. Martin went off the board at RB17 but finished as RB4. Freeman was selected outside the first 100 picks at RB29 but finished as the overall RB1. The 2016 list featured Melvin Gordon, my top breakout candidate and highest-owned player. Who are we targeting in 2017? Welcome to the update! Readers of the original top 15 have already profited on Rex Burkhead, Jamaal Charles, Alvin Kamara, and Kareem Hunt.1 In this update, we take a look at all 15 players together, and I discuss how to play each situation. For a deep dive, make sure to check out the original rankings. For those just getting into Zero RB, make sure to peruse these excellent 2017 articles that lay out the evidence-based foundation for the strategy.
- Fantasy Owners Are Drawing the Wrong Conclusions from 2016
- Is It Time to Scrap Zero RB?
- The Conditions Have Never Been Better for Zero RB
- Win the Flex – Win the Title: A RB Overreaction
- The Trends That Changed the Game Are About to Change It Again
- It’s always upsetting to see a big injury during the preseason. These are real people with real lives. We’re not rooting for this. It’s much more exciting when players benefit from their own excellent play. In fairness to Hunt, he’s done that too. (back)