NASCAR DFS Pocono Coverage Schedule This Week
The NASCAR Cup Series heads to Pocono this weekend, and the weekend schedule is quite odd. Qualifying will take place on Sunday at 11:30am ET and should finish 2.5 hours before the race starts at 3:00pm ET. That means we’re going to have to do things a bit different with the NASCAR DFS Pocono coverage this week. Here’s how things will shake out.
RotoViz’s NASCAR DFS Pocono Coverage Schedule
- Video on how I quickly use the NASCAR DFS Multi-Lineup Optimizer posted to RotoViz’s YouTube Page.
- NASCAR Splits App updated
- Pocono preview article with machine learning model rankings. I will create power rankings using a machine learning model to predict the order of finish. Think of this just as early week power rankings, but done by a really smart computer. This is essentially “how good is this driver expected to be at Pocono based off his or her driver statistics.” It will use track history, type history, and current year data.
- On the Daily DFS recorded (released Friday night)
- NASCAR Driver Sim Scores App updated with practice data. Note: this will not be updated after qualifying this week.
- Machine learning model rankings posted with practice data included. This will give you an idea of which drivers should perform best regardless of where they start.
- I will live stream myself during qualifying giving my reactions and thoughts at rotoviz.com/live
- During qualifying I will also be updating an article that will serve as my main article for the slate. It will be updated as each round of qualifying ends.
- That article will have bullet point cash and GPP picks with minimal explanation to save time. A lot of the reasons can be found either in the model results from earlier in the week, from the post-qualifying model, or me talking about it on the live show during qualifying.
- As soon as qualifying ends, I will run the machine learning model. It will take ~15 minutes to run the model and post it to the main article for the slate.
- No ownership projections this week
- The NASCAR DFS Multi-Lineup Optimizer will then be updated when the model finishes running after qualifying. If qualifying ends by 12:30pm ET, the optimizer will be ready by 1:00pm ET, giving you two hours to use it.
I think the optimizer will be a HUGE help this week for subscribers. As mentioned, I will have a video out on Thursday explaining how I use the optimizer so that you all are creating unique rosters that have a good chance to win. DO NOT USE THE DEFAULT SETTINGS on the optimizer, because if you all do, then you will be splitting prizes with others who do the same.
If you readers have any suggestions for NASCAR DFS Pocono coverage, I’m all ears. Tweet them to me @RotoDoc.