Matt Jones is the Reason Your Brother-in-Law Will Win Your League
Get a free NFL subscription for 3 days.
The news out of Washington has been ridiculously good for Matt Jones for months. Everything, and I mean everything, is coming up Millhouse.
- March 26: Alfred Morris leaves via free agency clearing the way for the starting gig.
- April 30: Washington takes no RBs in their first six picks, instead waiting until the late seventh to take a flier on the walking soft tissue injury that is Keith Marshall.
- May 5: Washington OC Sean McVay says of Jones, “he’s got the skills and traits you’re looking for in that every-down back.”
- May 13: Washington reports they would like Jones to improve his pass protection. You could be forgiven for assuming this is so he can remain on the field on plays in which the Redskins are passing the ball.
- May 16: GM Scot McCloughan, after looking sideways at his RB depth chart and pulling a face like someone farted, declares that he has zero concerns about Jones’ ball security or ability to stay healthy.