The 2016 RotoViz Pre-Draft Rookie Rankings – Running Backs
After knocking out quarterback and tight end, we’re moving on to the more interesting positions. Here’s the RotoViz 2016 pre-NFL draft rookie running back rankings.
Unlike QB and TE, where we only went 10 deep, we’re going 30 deep at RB. Each of our 16 participants ranked each running back, and then each was given a score: 30 points for a first place vote down to one point for a 30th place vote. That makes the maximum possible score (16 rankers x 30 points each) 480 points. For reference, I included the most recent RotoViz Scouting Index (RSI) ranking, so you can see where we differ from the scouting community.
To help visualize tiers, here’s the more relevant RBs in chart form.
Ezekiel Elliott earned 479 of 480 possible points. The lone ranker to place him second instead of first is currently in witness protection. Just kidding, you can find him in the Google Sheet linked below. We’re also much higher on Tyler Ervin and Marshaun Coprich than the scouting community (as tracked in the RSI). On the flip side, we really don’t like Kelvin Taylor and Alex Collins.
Looking at tiers, things really drop off for us after Peyton Barber. At the top end, C.J. Prosise, Kenneth Dixon, and Devontae Booker earned very similar scores, but Booker so far looks to be much cheaper than the others in early ADP.
In order of ranking:
- The 7 most likely landing spots for Ezekiel Elliott
- Clearing up the misconceptions about Derrick Henry
- C.J. Prosise looks like David Johnson
- Kenneth Dixon is a workhorse worth investing in
- Devontae Booker profile
- Jordan Howard is arbitrage Ezekiel Elliott
- Paul Perkins profile
- Tyler Ervin is 2016s most exciting running back
- Is Daniel Lasco the third best RB in 2016?
- Don’t forget about Jonathan Williams
- Alex Collins: the next really good “Meh” runner
- Backup or not, Kenyan Drake can ball
- Keith Marshall torches the 40
- Deandre Washington is arbitrage Kenneth Dixon
- Marshaun Coprich profile
- Ezekiel Elliott vs Josh Ferguson
- Is Byron Marshall the next Randall Cobb?
- Wendell Smallwood profile
- Peyton Barber, Brandon Wilds, and when will we learn?
See how each contributor ranked each player.